What does Abound Federal Credit Union do with your personal information?
Why?Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives members the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What?The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us.
This information can include:
- Social Security number and checking account information
- Credit history and employment information
- Account balances and account transactions
How?All financial companies need to share members’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their members’ personal information; the reasons Abound Federal Credit Union chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
|Reasons we can share your personal information||Does Abound Federal Credit Union Share?||Can you limit this sharing?|
|For our everyday business purposes - such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus||Yes||No|
|For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you||Yes||No|
|For joint marketing with other financial companies||Yes||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences||No||No|
|For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness||No||We don't share|
|For nonaffiliates to market to you||No||We don't share|
Questions? Call 800-285-5669 or go to www.AboundCU.com
Who we areWho is providing this notice? Abound Federal Credit Union
How does Abound Federal Credit Union protect my personal information?
What we do
- To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. Abound Federal Credit Union rigorously tests its information security program and regularly trains staff to ensure your personal information is protected.
How does Abound Federal Credit Union collect my personal information?
- We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Open an account or show your driver’s license
- Apply for a loan or give us your wage statements
- Provide employment information
- We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates, or other companies.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
- Federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- Sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
- State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
o Abound Federal Credit Union does not share with our affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
o Abound Federal Credit Union does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
o Our joint marketing partners include insurance companies, card services providers, and other financial services companies.