We're here to help.
To aid in our goal of increased financial education across Kentucky, we are offering ten, $2,500 scholarships to college-bound students attending high school in Abound Credit Union's service area**. The scholarships, designated the Howard Roush Memorial Scholarship, symbolize our learning-driven culture and emphasis on continual growth and development.
Here's Who Is Eligible
- Must be a high school senior.
- Must be a member in good standing with Abound Credit Union for a minimum of six months.
- Must show proof of enrollment in a college/vocational/technical institution for funds to be released to the school.
- Must provide proof of ACT and/or SAT score.
- Must provide high school transcript
- Must provide a recent color photo to be used for publicity purposes.
- Must have an overall high school grade point average of 3.0 or higher, on a 4.0 scale. (30% weight in overall scoring.)
- Must have a demonstrated record of community service and extracurricular activities. (30% weight in overall scoring.)
- Must submit a brief video OR an original essay on the topic “What does ‘Financial Independence’ mean to you?” Video must be three to five minutes in length. Essay – approximately 500 words.(40% weight in overall scoring.)
All applications, supporting materials and video or essay must be submitted to Abound Credit Union, no later than August 1, 2020. Submit completed application materials to:
Howard Roush Memorial Scholarship Program, Abound Credit Union
C/O Hollie Sexton
P.O. Box 900, Radcliff, Kentucky 40159-0900
Questions? Call 1.800.285.5669 Ext. 6289 or email hmsexton@AboundCU.com
*The following persons are NOT eligible to enter the Howard Roush Memorial Scholarship Program: Abound Federal Credit Union employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies, volunteers and immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of volunteers and staff.
**Please check with your high school career/guidance counselor to confirm your school’s location is in the Abound Credit Union service area.