Our Roush Scholarship is designated the Howard Roush Memorial Scholarship, symbolizing our learning-driven culture and emphasis on continual growth and development. We support students in all of the locations that we have branches.
Ten $2,500 Scholarships
To aid in our goal of increased financial education across Kentucky, we offer ten, $2,500 scholarships to college-bound high school seniors in Abound Credit Union's service area**.
Scholarship recipients are selected in April and awarded during our Annual Meeting in May.
The deadline to apply is March 31.
- Must be a high school senior
- Must be a member in good standing with Abound Credit Union for a minimum of six months
- Must have an overall high school grade point average of 3.0 or higher, on a 4.0 scale (30% weight in overall scoring)
How to Apply
- 500 word essay or three to five minute video answering the following question: “What does ‘Financial Independence’ mean to you?"
- Must show proof of enrollment in a college/vocational/technical institution for funds to be released to the school
- Must provide High School transcript
- Must have a demonstrated record of community service and extracurricular activities
- Must provide a recent professional color photo to be used for publicity purposes
Submit completed application materials to:
Howard Roush Memorial Scholarship Program
Abound Credit Union C/O Hollie Sexton
P.O. Box 900, Radcliff, Kentucky 40159-0900
Questions? Email hmsexton@AboundCU.com
Introducing our 2020 Roush Scholarship Winners!
Introducing our 2019 Roush Scholarship Winners!
Introducing our 2018 Roush Scholarship Winners!
*The following persons are NOT eligible to enter the Howard Roush Memorial Scholarship Program: Abound Federal Credit Union employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies, volunteers and immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of volunteers and staff.
**Please check with your high school career/guidance counselor to confirm your school’s location is in the Abound Credit Union service area.