Our Roush Scholarship is designated the Howard Roush Memorial Scholarship, symbolizing our learning-driven culture and emphasis on continual growth and development. We support students in all of the locations where we have branches.
We will begin accepting applications starting January 2023. For now, please make sure your Abound account is open and remains in good standing.
Ten $2,500 Scholarships
To aid in our goal of increased financial education across Kentucky, we offer ten, $2,500 scholarships to college-bound high school seniors in Abound Credit Union's service area**.
Scholarship recipients are selected in April and awarded during our Annual Meeting in May.
- Must be a high school senior
- Must be a member in good standing with Abound Credit Union for a minimum of three months
- Must have an overall high school grade point average of 3.0 or higher, on a 4.0 scale (30% weight in overall scoring)
- Must show proof of enrollment in a college/vocational/technical institution for funds to be released to the school
- Must provide High School transcript
- Must have a demonstrated record of community service and extracurricular activities
- Must submit a 500 word essay or three to five minute video answering the following question: “What does ‘Financial Independence’ mean to you?"
- If selected, must provide a recent professional color photo to be used for publicity purposes
Introducing our 2022 Roush Scholarship Winners!
Introducing our 2021 Roush Scholarship Winners!
Introducing our 2020 Roush Scholarship Winners!
Introducing our 2019 Roush Scholarship Winners!
Introducing our 2018 Roush Scholarship Winners!
*The following persons are NOT eligible to enter the Howard Roush Memorial Scholarship Program: Abound Federal Credit Union employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising/promotional agencies, volunteers and immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of volunteers and staff.
**Please check with your high school career/guidance counselor to confirm your school’s location is in the Abound Credit Union service area.